Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Twilight Zone - Deployment Daze 202

Your traveling through another dimension.  A dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind....  You've entered the Twilight Zone. (Not really, it's Kansas)

To some of you these words uttered by Rod Serling will be familiar. If you're to young to know the show, it was a show about ordinary people who found themselves in strange, bizarre and most often scary places.  Places that did not make sense.  Where nothing was how it should be.  People were not how they should be.  Lately that is how I have been feeling.  Disconnected, out of place in the world.  Nothing fits, I don't fit.  For the first time, I truly feel uncomfortable in my life.

Can I put my finger on what it is? Not really.  I don't know if it is the emotional wear and tear of deployment, the isolation, the culture, or what?  I just want to run from this place screaming.  If you were to ask me to explain it I couldn't.  Something is out of place.   I fear now that something is me!

The kids love it here.  They love their school and have great friends.  For them it has been wonderful.  For that I am grateful.  However, that is the nature of the Twilight Zone.  Only the main character is stuck in the other dimension.  So for now I'm stuck.  Stuck inside the journey through the Twilight Zone

To my honey,  RnR can not get here soon enough. I can't believe we finally have official dates.  At least as close to official as you can get with the Army.  Information changes and morphs into something else that sometimes I wonder if I ever knew what was going on in the first place.  Hopefully, we will be enjoying RnR soon and according to plan.  I need some sense of stability, sanity, some normalcy that only you can provide.   I look forward to having some fun!  Oh! Our delivery date got moved up..so baby will be here in two weeks!  I'll let you know how it goes.

Play Safe, Play Smart

No comments:

Post a Comment