Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The End is Near

January 2011, Really?  Why does it seem that the older I get the faster time flies.  It seems that I just don't have the same amount of time to get things done that I did when I was younger.  I have been hit with the realization that I'll be finishing my Master's Program this summer.  Being the organized, control freak that I am, I also begin to think...then what?  Do I continue on into the Ph.D program?  Can I even meet the requirements?  What about a job?  It becomes a mind boggling confused state of "what ifs."

Ph.D program means taking the GRE.  YUK!  A standardized test that is suppose to reflect whether you will be successful in graduate school.  Come on now!  I'm already in graduate school carrying a 4.0.  Now I have to take on a test that covers high school level algebra, English, etc.  I haven't dealt with algebra, geometry, etc. for over 20 years.  I don't remember that crap.

So as I get near the end of my Master's Program I need to make some decisions.  I meet with my advisor in two weeks to discuss the Ph.D program.  We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment