Thursday, September 17, 2009

Deployment Day One

Well it's D-Day. Deployment Day One. My honey boarded a bus today and is headed out for a year. What an exhausting experience. Although I have many things that I need to get done, it is hard to get motivated to complete them. I have two papers due for school on Sunday and I find myself unable to put a coherent thought together. Instead I busy myself with mundane, brainless tasks in order to be distracted.

It has been a difficult journey. The career decisions for us both. Family turmoil prior to our move. An economic recession. And now this.

There are moments in life when you reflect on choices made and previous events. This is one of those moments. I realize now that my journey to this point has prepared me for this.

To my honey, I am sadden that you had to leave today. Know that my love goes with you. I will think about you every day and surround you with positive energy so that you may have strength. Please know that we miss you and look forward to your return.

Play Safe, Play Smart

No comments:

Post a Comment