Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Devine Nature - Deployment Daze 13

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
~John Burroughs

I went out to the lake today to take care of some last minute business with the boat before winter comes. I wasn't looking forward to it. In fact I had been putting it off. I didn't want to go because my husband wasn't around to go with me. It just didn't carry the same excitement and joy without him. It was something I had to do.

I took the dog with me. I had convinced myself that it would be good for the dog to get out of the house and enjoy some exercise. I also didn't feel as alone. Tux of course was thrilled.

I pulled into the parking lot in front of the marina and got out of the truck. I immediately was awed by the peace that came over me. It felt as if someone had wrapped a blanket around me. It was warm, safe, peaceful. The lake was beautiful. Sparkling under the afternoon sunshine. The temperature was perfect. Warm yet with a mild breeze to keep it from getting hot. I watched fisherman try to catch the "big one" and observed the birds napping on the jetty.

I met some new people and visited with some old acquaintances. Many of whom asked when we be up there to fish again. "Sadly not anymore this year," I said. I was so appreciated of their kindness and well wishes for my family, especially my husband.

I don't know what is about being there that brings me such calm. It just puts everything into perspective.

To my honey, you would have loved being on the lake today. It was sunny and calm with only a few boats on the water. Tim says the wipers are really active in the evenings. He says "Hi" and wishes you a safe journey. Doc from Nebraska also says "Hi" and he is thinking about you. Took care of the boat business. Oh, Tux fell off the dock and into the water. I fished him out by his collar and he looked like a pathetic wet rat. He was not happy.

Love you and remember I still hold the biggest wiper record.

Play Safe, Play Smart

No comments:

Post a Comment