Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Home on the Range - Deployment Daze 14

I just realized as I am creating this post that we're on day 14 which translates to two weeks. Two more and it's a month. Wow! I never thought we would get here. Day one felt as if I was stuck in dark well with no way to the light. Now, I see the light. The end of this deployment. Grant it, it is a long way off, but it seems reachable.


Started the day in a most wonderful way. Had a Skype discussion all morning with my hubby. He was setting up his living quarters. It was nice to get to watch him and talk. I felt like I was there with him. He showed me his room and things that he had purchased. That made my whole day.

My husband just Skyped while I was writing this. It was good to see him before bed. He wanted to say "Hi" and let me know he was going out on his first mission. Wow! Talk about going from "everything's going to be alright" to "REALITY CHECK!!" Won't go into detail but it does put a cloud of worry over my head. I just have to have faith that he will do his job to the best of his ability and be back safe and sound.

To my hubby, I know that you will soon be reading this. Which means you are safe and back at in your room. I love you! What more is there to say?

Play Safe, Play Smart

No comments:

Post a Comment