Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Making It - Deployment Daze 6

Just when I thought I was turning a corner, I'm confronted with reality. I was at a career fair today and saw the Army recruiting booth. It brought back some great memories of Tulsa and also sadden me with the empty space once filled by my husband. I remember him looking so handsome in his dress blues as he talked with people about the Army. As I moved on past, I was confronted again by a group of soldiers getting ready for military appreciation at the football game this weekend.


Reminders are everywhere. Which is great and painful all at the same time. I realized though that the emotions weren't as overwhelming as the days before. With the sad reminders came pleasant memories. No longer was I focused solely on the loss. I might make it through this after all.

“In the arithmetic of love, one plus one equals everything, and two minus one equals nothing” Mignon McLaughlin

No comments:

Post a Comment