Friday, September 25, 2009

Youth United - Deployment Daze 9

Ok so I spent most of the day online doing homework. Didn't get to talk with the man so that was depressing. Then the kids and I went to dinner and a movie. My daughter's boyfriend joined us. Although I loved the movie, it wasn't the same. I sat there and watched my daughter enjoy her evening with a guy she liked and it just made me realize how much I miss mine. It's amazing how those feelings can creep up on you.


One thing I did realize today is how lucky I am to have the kids I do. As I sat watching the movie I felt this hand reach over and take mine. It was my son. He just instinctively knew that is what I needed at that moment. So words were exchanged. They didn't need to be.

My kids have been my rock throughout these first couple of days. Although they cried when he left, they have been solid in their support and assistance to me. When I was a mess, they gave me a shoulder to cry on and encouraging words to strengthen me. I am so proud of them. Not only do they support me, but their support and care for their sdad has given me peace. I know that they understand the meaning of family and the importance of maintaining those relationships.

To my honey, the movie just wasn't the same without you. Know that the kids are taking good care of me. They talk about you all the time and can't wait to chat or Skype with you. We all hope you have a great weekend. Oh! Tux decided to chew the door frame, again.

Play Safe, Play Smart

No comments:

Post a Comment