Saturday, September 26, 2009

Just Breath - Deployment Daze 10

I accomplished alot today. Completed two papers and got some shopping done. I finally feel like I'm getting my life under control again. Looking forward to watching football tomorrow and tracking my stats on fantasy football.


I got a special phone call this morning from my soldier husband. Of course he called while I'm in the shower. It didn't matter. We had a good talk. Later on this evening he called me again. This time the connection wasn't that great and we were cut off. He is finally headed to his home away from home for the next year. As we talked, I could tell something was bothering him. He sounded down. I guess the circumstance have finally started to affect him. It is unsettling to know he is uncomfortable. Before we could talk more we were disconnected. Although bothered by this, I am surprised my calm reaction. A few days ago I would have broken down into a pile of blubbering tears. Today, I calmly accept that it is what it is. Am I numb or have I entered the stage of acceptance?

To my honey, we're in the double digit days for deployment, YEAH! I know it might be a few days until we can talk again. Know that I think about you always. When I see your truck parked out front, I smile visualizing you at home. I know it is hard to be away from your family and the comfort of home. You have amazing strength and courage and a family who love and supports you. Some days will be tough and others will be easy. I send you my love and positive thoughts to keep you strong. Remember to be a STAR: Stop Take a deep breath And Relax.

Play Safe, Play Smart

No comments:

Post a Comment