Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Rising Up - Deployment Daze 7

Today has been the best day so far. Finally getting into the groove of this new experience. Week One has been reached. How many more to go? Let's not go there. As I look back at the week I realized that all my feelings and emotions were following the stages of grief. Shock, Pain, Anger, Depression, Upward Turn, Reconstruction, Acceptance (See link for more info http://www.recover-from-grief.com/7-stages-of-grief.html ) I guess I'm in the Upward Turn stage. Thinking about this week, we have all been at odds with the world. Without him a part of our daily lives , nothing is quite right. We're like Alice in Wonderland where things are just plain weird. My daughter humorously called it a "disturbance in the force."


To my honey, your presence is greatly missed. Although we are strong and go on with our daily lives, know that it is not the same without you. Life is out-of-balance. Love you and may the force be with you.

Play Safe, Play Smart

No comments:

Post a Comment